You are going to love this fun way to dye Easter Eggs. Come on in, and I’ll show you how to Dye Easter Eggs with Shaving Cream – or whipped cream for those that would rather…
I will warn you, this project is not for those of us that like a neat and tidy project with the kids. I’m telling you, shaving cream will most likely be all over the table and food coloring is definitely involved. Don’t put the kids in their best-dressed clothes, be sure to cover your surfaces, and have plenty of towels ready to go.
You have been warned.
If you’re still here…yay! Let’s get started:
Here’s a quick video that we made this spring using Whipped Cream. The shaving cream method is exactly the same. Just use shaving cream in place of whipped cream…
For Dyeing Easter Eggs With Shaving Cream, You’ll Need:
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Shaving Cream – Avoid the gel stuff. Get the cheap foamy kind.
- *If you are worried about eating the eggs after using shaving cream on your eggs, then you can substitute the shaving cream with whipped topping. Just use it as an exact substitution.
- Food coloring – I’ve heard that the neon colors give a more vibrant color. I used a 12 pack of gel coloring I ordered off of Amazon. More colors = More fun!
- Bowls, muffin pans, or baking sheets for each kid
- Optional: gloves, spoons
Now, onto the fun:
- Let the kids fill up a bowl, muffin tins, or even a whole entire baking sheet with shaving cream
- *Make sure the shaving cream (or whipped cream) is deep enough to completely cover an egg
- Add food coloring. Using more than 1 color will give you a better pattern
- Use the toothpicks to swirl the colors together making sure that you don’t mix them too well. You want the colors to be distinct and not one blob of brown
- Place the eggs into the colorful shaving cream and turn them to coat
- You can use a spoon to turn the eggs over or just use your fingers
- *Remember! Have a towel or 2 handy
- Leave the eggs to soak up the beautiful color for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse the eggs off and see what fun colors and patterns you get
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this fun Shaving Cream Egg Dyeing project: