Oh my goodness, you guys! This is the yummiest, easiest soup I’ve made in a long while. My only regret is that there were no leftovers for today’s lunch. I’m telling you, this is going to be your easy “go to” recipe for fall, winter, spring and summer dinners. Come on in and I’ll share the recipe for Easy and Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
So, I have to tell you that I preferred it without the lime squeezed in. My husband on the other hand loved the lime flavor. You’ll just have to taste it both ways and decide for yourself.
I’m just so excited to have found such a healthy soup recipe that the whole family loves! I can’t wait to put this on the menu again, next week.
Isn’t it fun to build your own soup masterpiece? This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is a great base to pile whatever your heart desires onto.
Finally, the recipe for: Easy and Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup RecipePrint
Easy and Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cans (15 oz.) diced tomatoes – undrained
- 2&1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 2 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and ground black pepper
- 1 bag of tortilla strips salad toppings – lightly salted
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
- avocado – peeled, and cubed
- sour cream
- lime wedges to squeeze lime juice into soup
- mild green chilies – drained
- place chicken breast in the crockpot
- In a large bowl, mix tomatoes, broth, onion powder, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper
- Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken breasts
- place the lid on the crockpot and turn on high
- cook for 7 hours or until chicken is tender enough to pull apart with your fork
- shred chicken and stir the soup
- add more broth if needed
- ladle soup into bowls, top with your favorite toppings like – tortilla strips, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, cheese and a squeeze of lime
- Enjoy and go back for seconds! yum!
- if some of the broth has evaporated in the cooking process, feel free to add another 1/2 cup or more and mix in before serving
- Serving Size: 4
Hey guys, if you enjoyed this recipe for Easy and Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe – then don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter. You’ll get emails notifications when New Posts are Published.
~ Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do