This layered cheesy, Quesadilla Recipe is a delicious Mexican Dinner. It’s an easy Quesadilla recipe oozing with cheese, rice, and chicken. Top with your favorite Mexican food toppings and dig into crunchy delicious oven baked Chicken Quesadillas tonight. Come on in and I’ll share the recipe with you…
Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
Some of the best meals come from my avoidance of the grocery store.
That’s when I go all in with whatever I can find in the pantry.
This recipe came from pure desperation. I think it turned out pretty well. It was a hit with my family and I know that your family will love it too.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Chicken Quesadilla Recipe…
Here’s the printable and recipe for these Cheesy Oven Baked Quesadillas…
Layered Chicken Quesadillas with Cheese, Rice and Beans
- Prep Time: 25 min.
- Cook Time: 10 min.
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- Zatarain’s Spanish Rice – Cooked according to package directions
- 1 (15-16 oz.) can of diced tomatoes – this will be needed for the rice recipe
- 3 Chicken Breasts – cooked and cubed
- 1 can of black beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 can of sweet corn – drained
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 2/3 cups of water
- 9 flour tortillas – burrito size
- 8 oz. of shredded cheese – Monterey Jack Blend
- Cook rice according to package directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium saucepan over medium/high heat – combine the cooked chicken, beans, corn, seasoning, and water
- Stir occasionally until the water has cooked down, about 5 minutes
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Place 3 flour tortillas down separately
- Place heaping spoonfuls of rice onto each tortilla – spread the rice out
- Sprinkle cheese generously over the rice
- Add another flour tortilla over the rice and cheese
- Add a heaping spoonful of the chicken and beans mixture – Spread that around
- Add a flour tortilla to the top of the chicken and bean mixture
- Place another heaping spoonful of Spanish Rice onto those tortillas
- Sprinkle generously with cheese
- Pop into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the middle is warm, and the cheese is nicely melted
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with sour cream, salsa, and taco toppings – like olives, tomatoes, and lettuce
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com – recipes, party ideas, fun foods, crafts, DIY home & garden, and fun things to do with the whole family!