Chicken Burrito Grande
I put this Copycat Burrito Grande together after eating the yummy Burrito Grande at the Cheesecake Factory. It’s pretty darn close to the real thing, and it’s so dang tasty. This is my homemade version of the Cheesecake Factory Burrito Grande.
Don’t forget all of the fixings too. Like guacamole, bean salsa , tomatoes and sour cream to go with this delicious chicken burrito.
If you like enchilada sauce, add some to the bottom of the pan. I think either green or red would be a delicious addition to this recipe.
You can even freeze these burritos ahead of time which makes life so much easier.
How do you freeze burritos?
- Do not add the cheese topping. Freeze wrapped burritos in a zip tight freezer bag. When ready to heat for dinner, add frozen burritos to your baking pan. (If you want enchilada sauce under your burritos, add that to the bottom of the pan before placing burritos down). Sprinkle top of burritos with cheese.
How do you Reheat Frozen Burritos?
Bake an extra 10-15 minutes to allow the burritos to thaw and heat through.
Here are some other Burrito Recipes and Mexican Themed Sides that you might like:
Here are my top Amazon Picks for these Burritos:
Chicken Burrito Grande (with rice and beans)
Delicious Chicken, Rice, and Bean Burritos smothered in cheese!
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 30
- 2–4 Chicken Breasts
Marinade (optional but so flavorful)
- 1 Tbsp. McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 large white Onion – Sliced or chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Zatarain’s Black Bean Rice Mix – Cooked per package instructions
- 8–10 Burrito Size tortillas
- 8 oz. of Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro – chopped
- Sour Cream
- Avocados chopped
- Tomatoes chopped
- Black bean Salsa – link to recipe in post
- Mix the seasoning mix, vinegar, water, and oil in a shallow dish
- Add the chicken breasts, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or longer, if you can (turning halfway through)
After chicken is flavored:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grill or cook the chicken breasts in 1 Tbsp. of olive oil until cooked through
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, add olive oil, and saute onions until they are tender and translucent (another optional add-in right here would be sliced bell peppers – cook along with the onions)
- Add the chicken breasts & prepared rice mixture to the cooked vegetables
- Cook until heated through
- Spoon Mixture evenly into Tortillas, and roll tortilla Place rolled burritos into a 9×13 casserole dish
- Cover burritos heavily with shredded cheese Bake for about 20 minutes or until burritos are heated through and cheese is melted & gooey
- Sprinkle cilantro on top of burritos
- Serve with bean salsa, any leftover rice, avocados, and sour cream
- If you like a wet burrito, then add enchilada sauce to the bottom of the pan before placing burritos in pan and to the tops, before sprinkling any cheese on top of the burritos
- Another great add-in for this recipe could be sliced green pepper. Throw that in with the onion and saute’
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com