These Valentine Blonde Brownies with Chocolate Chips and M&Ms are more like a chocolate chip cookie in Giant Form. Be prepared to pour some tall glasses of milk to enjoy with your oversized cookie. Make these for any special occasion or for a fun snack…
Blonde Brownies with Chocolate Chips and M&Ms
Blonde Brownies are a very dense brownie. You only need a tiny piece to fill you.
Not only are these brownies thick, but they are also packed with chocolate chips and M&Ms. The perfect brownie for any chocolate lover.
You don’t have to stick to Valentine’s Day colors. Change the M&Ms to represent any holiday or occasion.
What is the difference between a Blonde Brownie and a Brownie?
- The blonde brownie and regular brownie are similar in texture. A brownie has cocoa powder, but a blonde brownie has vanilla and brown sugar flavoring.
What a does a Blonde Brownie Taste Like?
- A blonde brownie taste similar to a soft chocolate chip cookie without the chocolate. They are soft in the middle with a vanilla and brown sugar flavor.
How do you make Blonde Brownies with Chocolate Chips and M&Ms?
- Mix flour, brown sugar, and baking powder
- Mix butter, eggs, vanilla
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- Mix in the chocolate chips and M&Ms
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes
Here’s a quick video to show you how I made these Blonde Brownies:
Here’s the recipe for Blonde Brownies with Chocolate Chips and M&Ms…
Valentine M&Ms and Chocolate Chip Blonde Brownies
Easy to make and perfect for snacks or dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 dozen 1x
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 bag of Valentine Milk Chocolate M&Ms – or any other milk chocolate M&M bag
- 1 cup of semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 inch square or 10 inch square
- In a large bowl, Mix all of the dry stuff – flour, sugar, and baking powder
- In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients – melted butter, eggs, vanilla
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry
- Mix well
- Fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips
- The dough will be thick, kind of like play dough, so it really won’t pour out into your pan. It will do more of a plop into your pan. Push the dough out to the edges making sure the depth looks pretty even.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top starts turning a little crusty and golden, and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Enjoy with a tall glass of milk or ice cream!
- As I said, this blonde brownie makes a thick brownie. The center might not seem like it will ever set. It’s meant to be moist. Make sure that you let the brownie set and cool completely. This will allow any moisture to air out and the brownie will set up even more for you
- You can make this recipe in a larger pan to ensure a more even doneness. Check on it to be sure that it is not overcooking, as the more spread out the batter is, the quicker it should bake
- Store in an airtight container or covered with wrap to keep moist up to 3 days
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com