Here is one for the chocolate lovers AND the cookie lovers. This dessert has 2 layers of brownies, cool whip with Oreo cookies in the middle, fudge frosting, whipped cream, and is topped off with more Oreo cookies.
We made this one, last night for the 2 Grandmas! The kids were drooling, and dipping their fingers in every chance they got! At one point, while I was trying to take this picture, I heard a chair being pushed across the floor. The chair stopped right next to me, and Connor popped up. Yikes! Talk about panic! It was hard to take a picture before they dove in!
Here’s What you’ll need to make your own
1 Package of fudge – OR – milk chocolate brownie mix.
8 oz. of cool whip
1 package of Oreo Cookies
1/4 C of Butter
1/2 C of Cocoa
2 C of Confectioners Sugar
2 T of vanilla
Dash of Salt
1/4 C of Warm Milk
2 Round Cake Pans – Greased
Now, Here’s What You’ll Need To Do:
- Prepare brownie mix, and pour evenly into the 2 round cake pans. Bake at 350 Degrees for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownie comes out clean.
- While Those are baking, prepare your frosting.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat:
- Melt butter
- Add Cocoa and stir
- Add the sugar, vanilla, & salt. Mix well.
- Add 1 T of milk at a time to get the frosting to your desired consistency.
- If frosting is left alone & becomes too thick, add more milk to thin.
Cool Whip Layer:
- Use a food processor, blender, or let the kids break the Oreos in a zip-lock bag & transfer to a blender or processor. (They love that part!) **Try to break the cookies into a fine powder.
- Use a mixer to combine the cool whip & broken Oreo Cookies.
Putting It All Together:
- Take 1 Brownie Cake out of the cake pan, and place it on your cake server.
- Spread the Cool Whip & Oreo Cookie Layer – Don’t worry if some cool whip goes over the edges – it looks yummy that way
- Place your second Brownie Cake over the Cool whip & Oreo Cookie Layer.
- Spread your fudge frosting over the top brownie cake.
- Decorate with whipped cream, more broken Oreo chunks, more Oreo Cookies, and a Cherry On Top! You can serve with Ice-Cream. Yum