Y’all, I don’t sew. Well, I take that back…I can sew by hand, and I used to cross stitch. That is the extent of my sewing talents. All major sewing projects go to my mother – the master quilter and sewing machine expert extraordinaire! Another confession (while I’m confessing) is that I have no patience for a long craft. That’s why fabri-tac and glue guns giving instant bonds are the go to in our house! Love them! For this particular project, Fabri-Tac was out! Connor used a push pin to punch holes all over my fabri-tac glue bottle ( I have no idea why – but, that is how he roles). With Fabri-Tac out – we moved on to the glue gun! Thankfully, he has not figured out a way to break or destroy that. Phew! Here’s what I did to make this NO SEW easy felt DIY heart door hanger!:
- about 3 ft. of Raffia – or some other fun string to hang the hearts from
- Clothespins – I found some cute Valentine Clothespins at Target
- A glue gun
- Felt – assorted Valentine Colors – I used white, pink, and red
- Fiber Fill
- Cut 3 pairs of hearts out of the felt, varying the size – small, medium and large hearts. My smallest heart – the white one is about 5&1/2 inches wide at the top by about 5&1/2 in length. Medium is 6×6 in. Large is 8×8 in.
- Using the glue gun, glue the heart pairs about 3/4 of the way around, leaving an opening to stuff the hearts
- Allow those to dry
- Use the fiber fill to stuff the hearts and then, when you are satisfied with the amount of filling – seal the hole with glue
- Tie a loop in the top of the raffia to hang from
- Attach the hearts with clothespins – large at the top, medium, then small!
- Done! Yay! My poor front door was so sad and boring without a Christmas wreath. Now, it’s happy again.
~ Happy Valentine’s Day!
Please don’t forget to get social with me! Follow me in all of my favorite places! Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter @kidfriendlyttd – can’t wait to see you!
Linking up to: