Here’s a Super Easy Valentine Door Hanger that you can make in no time at all. No sewing is required and it looks so cute on the front door.
Valentine Door Hanger
If you are looking for cute Valentine’s Day Decorations, you might like – Making a Crayon and Wax Paper Valentine Suncatcher, Valentine’s Day Garland, or Over 21 Valentine’s Day Crafts that will Make you Smile
Y’all, I don’t sew. Well, I take that back…I can sew by hand, and I used to cross-stitch. That is the extent of my sewing talents. All major sewing projects go to my mother – the master quilter and sewing machine expert extraordinaire. Another confession (while I’m confessing) is that I have no patience for a long craft. That’s why fabri-tac and glue guns giving instant bonds are the go-to in our house! Love them! For this particular project, Fabri-Tac was out. Connor used a pushpin to punch holes all over my fabri-tac glue bottle ( I have no idea why – but, that is how he roles). With Fabri-Tac out – we moved on to the glue gun. Thankfully, he has not figured out a way to break or destroy that.
Here’s what I did to make this NO-SEW easy felt DIY heart door hanger:
Supplies You’ll Need…
- about 3 ft. of Raffia
- Clothespins – I found some cute Valentine Clothespins at Target
- A glue gun with glue sticks
- Felt – assorted Valentine Colors – I used white, pink, and red
- Fiber Fill
- Cut 3 pairs of hearts out of the felt, varying the size – small, medium, and large hearts. My smallest heart – the white one is about 5&1/2 inches wide at the top by about 5&1/2 in length. Medium is 6×6 in. Large is 8×8 in.
- Using the glue gun, glue the heart pairs about 3/4 of the way around, leaving an opening to stuff the hearts
- Allow those to dry
- Use the fiberfill to stuff the hearts and then, when you are satisfied with the amount of filling – seal the hole with glue
- Tie a loop in the top of the raffia to hang from
- Attach the hearts with clothespins – large at the top, medium, then small!
- Done! Yay! My poor front door was so sad and boring without a Christmas wreath. Now, it’s happy again.
~ Happy Valentine’s Day!
This Post Has 4 Comments
So simple yet so beautiful and useful.I conduct sewing hobby classes for kids.This hanging is just awesome .I like to include it in my sewing collection.
You have no idea how happy that makes me! Thank you for leaving such a nice comment. 🙂
The door hanger looks great. And it’s great that the kiddos got involved too. These are the best kind of projects.
So simple yet so beautiful and useful.I conduct sewing hobby classes for kids.This hanging is just awesome
thank you for sharing!