I don’t know about you. In the summer, cilantro is a “go-to” herb! I love the flavor it adds to fresh summer salads and dips. But, I get so upset when I reach into the fridge to find soggy, rotting cilantro. Ugh! This time, I wanted a plan of action. Here’s what I found out on How to Store Cilantro to Make it Stay Fresh Longer.
- I made sure the cilantro was nice and dry – Don’t rinse the cilantro until you need it
- I snipped the stems of the cilantro just like you should snip the stems of flowers before you put them in water
- I fulled a mason jar about half-way with fresh water
- I stuck my cilantro in the freshwater
- Then, I put a large plastic bag over the cilantro and jar before I placed it in the refrigerator – Apparently cilantro likes it cold
- One week later…My cilantro is still fresh and beautiful