St. Patrick’s Day Dessert – Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats
These Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats were inspired by the red, white, and blue krispies treats I’ve seen around Pinterest. I figured, if three colors in krispies treats looked cute, then six would too! I think they will be a perfect addition to St. Patrick’s Day fun foods.
My five year old and I made these while the older three kids were at school. Boy, were they excited to see these when they got home.
I was pretty excited, too. I snagged one for myself. What? I have to taste test. 🙂
Equipment Suggested For This Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1&1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1&1/2 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- Food Coloring
- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple
- 9x9 pan
- Wax Paper
- Silicone Spatula
- Line the pan with wax paper
- In a medium saucepan melt 1 Tbsp. butter
- Add 1&1/2 cups of marshmallows
- Stir until marshmallows are smooth
- Add 1 of the rainbow colors and stir in
- Remove from heat
- Stir 1&1/2 cups of cereal into the colored marshmallow
- Press into prepared pan and smooth out
- Repeat this process - cleaning the saucepan out between colors - until you have layered every color.
- I started with purple on the bottom, added blue, green, yellow, orange, and finally red on top