This Cold Asian Pasta Salad is a twist on the classic macaroni salad. With soy sauce, slivered almonds and ginger flavoring this pasta salad will add a fun and delicious touch at your summer potlucks. Come on in and I’ll share my recipe for this simple pasta salad with you…
Creamy Asian Pasta Salad
Cold Macaroni Salad is a staple at any potluck. Of all the sides on the table, cold pasta salads are the most sought after.
This cold pasta salad is a fun twist on the classic salad.
To give this cold pasta salad an Asian Flare you’ll find ingredients like pickled ginger, almonds, green onion, and soy sauce. The pickled ginger was actually an afterthought. Although, I could taste some of the ginger coming through from the sauce; it wasn’t nearly enough. I think after you’ve tasted a bite with the pickled ginger, you’ll understand why it was added to this delicious salad.
What Goes With Cold Pasta Salad?
- Corn on the cob, other cold pasta salads, baked beans, broccoli salads, grilled meat like hot dogs, ribs, hamburgers, or chicken.
Do you Rinse Pasta for Cold Pasta Salad?
- You should rinse pasta in cold water after cooking. Rinsing in cold water helps bring the temperature of the pasta down so you can mix in the other ingredients
How Long is Cold Pasta Salad Good For?
- Homemade Cold Pasta Salad is good for 5 days after it is made
How Should I Store My Homemade Pasta Salad?
- Store cold pasta salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days after it is made
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Pasta Salad Recipe…
Here’s the printable recipe for you…Print
Creamy Asian Pasta Salad | Kid Friendly Things To Do
A delicious cold pasta salad with and Asian Flare.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes plus refrigeration
- Total Time: 59 minute
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- 2 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of sugar snap peas – halved
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced sweet pepper – orange, red or yellow
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- 1 (4 oz.) jar of pickled ginger – drained
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tsp. of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Drain and rinse in cold water
- Place in a large bowl
- Mix in carrots, peas, onions, pepper, almonds and pickled ginger
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients
- Pour dressing ingredients over the macaroni salad
- Toss to coat
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight
- I added crunchy noodles to the top just before serving. I like the crunch, but it will not refrigerate well. The noodles will get soggy.