This pumpkin dessert tastes like warm pumpkin pie in a bowl. The bonus is that it has no crust. With one very smalle substitute, it’s basically a Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie. Come on in and I’ll share this delicious Pumpkin Pie Souffle’ Recipe with you, today…
Don’t let the fact that it is a souffle’ intimidate you. It’s actually really easy to make and tastes so delicious.
Some advantages of making a Souffle’ instead of a Pumpkin Pie…
- Without a pie crust, you can easily substitute the small amount of flour in the recipe to make this dish Gluten-Free
- It’s cooks up quickly
- There is no crust to worry over
- The souffle’ has a delicious custard-like texture that is simply irresistible to most
Here’s the recipe for this Pumpkin Pie Souffle’ …
Pumpkin Pie Souffle’
No crust Pumpkin Pie in a bowl – delicious!
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 40 min.
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 eggs – with whites and yolks separated
- 4 T of unsalted butter – softened
- 1/2 c of honey
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 t of salt
- 1/4 t of nutmeg
- 1/8 t of cinnamon
- 1/8 t of ground ginger
- 2 T of all purpose flour – Substitute with Gluten-Free Flour to make this a Gluten Free dish
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Start beating egg whites with an electric mixer – until they form stiff peaks
- In a 8x8in. baking dish – add the egg yolks, butter and honey – whisk
- Add the milk, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, flour, and pumpkin to the mixture in the pan
- Whisk again, making sure everything is mixed thoroughly
- Gently fold the fluffy egg whites into the mixture in the pan. Don’t over mix, here. Let the whites stay intact, just turning them into the pumpkin mixture so the egg whites still have plenty of air left inside
- Bake for 40 minutes, and serve warm with whipped cream, and a little sprinkle of nutmeg!
Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com