I can’t wait to share this simple and fun Outdoor Halloween Game with you, today. Come on in and I’ll show you how I made a simple fun family night with A Glow in the Dark Halloween Candy Hunt Idea for Kids…
Glow in the Dark Halloween Game for Kids to Play
We had the best time last night hunting for Glow in the Dark Halloween candy. It was so much fun to watch my teenager (who thankfully never wants to grow up) and younger kids giggle and race around the backyard trying to find Halloween Candy Bags.
Normally, I’m horrible at surprises and secrets. I get too excited and I just have to express my excitement. Christmas is WAY hard for me. That is how I was with this idea – super excited! But, I held it together. I waited until dark and dinner was done before I told the kids about my idea of hunting Halloween Candy at night. There response…”Wait. Candy, glowing candy, on a school night. We get to hunt for candy, in the backyard?”…Yesssaaa!
Needless to say, they were all in.
I had to contain them on the back patio until I yelled go. They were spotting stuff glowing in the grass and it was feeding the excitement. It was like “Releasing the Kraken” when I finally let them run into the night and grab glowing bags. So fun!
And, it’s so super simple to pull this together. You’ll have this fun family time ready to go in minutes.
If you love Halloween fun as much as we do, then you might want to check out some of my other fun projects like:
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make Your Own Glow in the Dark Halloween Candy Hunt for Kids:
- Halloween Treat Bags – I love these simple bags with a fun Halloween picture on the front and completely white on the back. The glow sticks really shine right through them. I think I found them at the Dollar Tree. Cellophane bags are mostly clear, so those would be a great option, too
- Twist Ties – they usually come with the bags
- Glow bracelets – enough for each bag
- Halloween Candy
- *optional – Halloween prizes
- *optional – bags for kids to hold their glowing bags in as they hunt for more
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Glow in the Dark Halloween Candy Hunt Idea for Kids!
[box] 100 Pack Colorful Halloween...Shop on Amazon GUNCENG Generic 100pcs Cell...Shop on Amazon RINCO Halloween Trick Or Tr...Shop on Amazon RINCO Halloween Trick Or Tr...Shop on Amazon Gift Boutique 150 Halloween...Shop on Amazon SumDirect 1000Pcs 4 Inch Pl...Shop on Amazon MARS Chocolate Fall Harvest...Shop on Amazon[/box]
Here’s a quick Video to show you my latest Glow in the Dark Halloween Candy Hunt Game…
- Before sunset, activate your glow bracelets
- Add the connector to form a bracelet
- Place the activated glow bracelet into the bags
- Place one or more pieces of candy in each bag
- Twist tie the bag to secure them
- When it gets dark or just before dark, hide the bags around the yard
- *Glow bracelets usually hold their light for several hours, so you could do this in early afternoon
- After it gets nice and dark outside, explain to the kids that this game is a lot like an Easter Egg hunt
- They should gather as many glowing bags as they can and hold onto them or if you gave them big bags to hunt with, they can collect them in their bags
- Of course, once finished, they will immediately dump out the candy and trading will commence. You know the drill
- One more note Here’s an idea, if you want the kids to get an even amount…Because I was dealing with 4 siblings and I knew the fight would be on if one kid got more than the others, I made sure that there was an even amount of bags hidden per kid and told them before the hunt that they were each allowed to find a certain number of bags. Once they found their max. they had to stop, so there was enough for each bid to find and they all had an even amount of candy
Tips and Tricks for this fun game:
- Don’t forget to activate the glow sticks, so they are glowing at night
- Find bags that are transparent so kids will see them glowing in the dark
- Hide the bags during the day but don’t let the kids see where they are hidden
- If you want everyone to find an equal amount, be sure to tell them how many they can grab
- You could also do this indoors
- Have Fun!
What Glow Sticks Glow the Brightest?
- Apparently green and yellow glow sticks glow the brightest followed by orange
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do