When the kids were really little, I would always sing “I Love You A Bushel & A Peck” to them. It’s such a sentimental song for me. Now, I can preserve the song’s sweetness with the kid’s handprints. It’s double the sweetness!
Don’t handprints just make you melt?
The plan was to glue a basket over the apple so the apple was inside, but I couldn’t cover up the cuteness. If you want to add a basket under your heart apple, this is what it might look like.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this I Love You A Bushel & A Peck Craft:
- White cardstock – I used a 12 x 12 inch
- Washable Glue (I used clear, but in hindsight I would most definitely used a colored glue that turns clear later) 😉
- Red glitter
- Green glitter
- Green glitter paper (for the leaf)
- Red marker or paint pen
- Little hands and a wet towel to wipe little hands
- (you’ll be working upside down for the first couple of steps) Spread some glue on one hand and with fingers pressed together place that down on the paper at an angle
- Wipe that hand and move on to the next
- With fingers pressed down going at the opposite angle crossing the fingers so they overlap – wipe that hand
- Sprinkle red glitter over the hand prints
- Use the glue to make a stem and sprinkle some green glitter
- Cut a leaf shape out of the glitter paper or use more glue to make a leaf and glue that on
Here’s some stuff you might need or even want for this craft:
Happy Valentine’s Day!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com