This beautiful Cross Necklace Made out of Nails has always been a popular Religious Easter Craft for kids and adults. It’s a nice rustic looking necklace that would be a great fit for Men, Women, Teens, and Kids. I think this is such a cool idea for making cross necklaces, key chains or a Sunday School craft for Easter.
Cross Necklace Made out of Nails – A Religious Easter Craft…
Here’s a short video on this Easy DIY Cross Necklace for Men, Women, Teens, and Kids to Wear…
Years ago, my son’s Sunday School Teacher made this with his class for an Easter Craft. I absolutely fell in love with the idea, and I knew you all would too.
I love the rustic appeal to the necklace.
I really love the fact that the Cross Necklace is made from Nails.
For those of us that celebrate the resurrection of Christ, using nails for the cross necklace carries meaning behind it.
When I first posted this craft, I hadn’t actually made the craft myself. I just went by the example I had to explain the process. This time, I went out an purchased supplies to make it for a more specific tutorial for you.
Here’s What You’ll Need for your DIY Religious Easter Craft…
- 4 (2 inch) Masonry Cut Nails – the ones shown are (2 inches)
- Leather or Hemp Cord – about 24 inches (leather is more comfortable on the back of the neck)
- Glue Dots – Line Roll (I recently found out that glue dots come in rectangular 1-inch pieces now. You could also use the original circles, but I really liked how perfectly the strips of glue fit the edges of the nails)
- Optional – jewelry wire
- Low temp glue gun and glue sticks
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Cross Necklace craft:
Here are instructions for this Easter Cross Necklace Craft…
- take 2 of the Cut Nails and place them opposite of each other
- *Notice that they are “not” completely aligned at the ends. That is so the nails will be defined on the necklace better
- Use glue dots to secure them in place
- Do that again with another pair of Cut Nails
- Now form the 2 pairs of nails into a cross
- Use a glue dot to secure them together
- Take the leather or hemp cord, and at the middle of the cord wrap a loop at a diagonal around the middle of the cross
- Secure with a knot at the back
- Now, start wrapping the middle of the cross alternating with the pieces of hemp cord around where the middle of the cross meets
- When you are finished, tie a knot on the back over the top of the X you have formed with hemp cord
- *Another option would be to take jewelry wire and wrap the cord to the necklace so it makes it’s way up to the top of the nails and secure the nails with the wire at the top
- Slip the necklace around your neck or use someone else as a model
- Find the perfect spot to tie a knot in your hemp cord to form a large enough loop to pull on and off the head easily
- tie the knot and you are finished
- Use a low temp glue gun for any spots that don’t feel secure
Don’t forget – If you need a better visual, watch the 1-minute video for help in assembling the cross…
This is the original craft. I couldn’t find the exact nails like the ones in this picture this time, but I like the substitute nails that were at my local hardware store just fine.
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com