I’ve been tweaking this older post all day by adding some printables to these fun Valentine’s Day ideas. 🙂 Here’s 9 Non-Candy Valentine ideas that will delight any boy or girl. It’s updated with FREE printables for each toy idea!
“Times Are A-Changin!” A few years ago, our kid’s elementary school requested Non-Candy Valentines. I am pretty positive the changes are mainly due to health concerns. I can live with that, and support it. But, what the heck do you do without a candy treat, and still make it fun to give, and to receive?! After I heard about the new policies, I headed out to the store to get some inspiration. I loaded up my basket full of inexpensive non-candy gifts, and went home to come up with some Valentine’s Day ideas. Here are 9 Non-Candy ideas that are still packed with a ton of fun. I hope you’ll find something you can use for your Valentine. Plus, enjoy free printables to go with the ideas!
- Mustaches are so big right now. The kids go crazy for them! You can find them at just about any store. I just saw some at the Dollar Tree in a huge variety, whistles, glasses, straws, etc…!
- Cute stuff! Printables are here! or click on the image above
- A few years ago, I found a blue bouncy ball and added some green land forms to the outside. I made a little pom-pom person to place “on top of the world” – The printable says – “I’m on top of the world, because you’re my friend!” Printables even include the shapes for the land forms to color! Printables for this idea are found here
- Today, I found an actual Globe Bouncy Ball! That makes things even easier! I saw it at the Dollar Tree. Just print off the printables to go with the balls.
- Buy spinning tops to go with this printable
- Purchase a puzzle at the Dollar Store to go with this Valentine!
- Here’s the link to the printable
- Get a fun Magic Wash Cloth – kids love them, and add this printable! Great Non-Candy Valentine
- Add a flying Disc, or anything that flies!
- Printable found here
- This is for Slap Bracelets! Add a slap bracelet to this Printable
- Love potion printable – pair it with a single packet of drink mix and a water bottle! Free Printables!
- Wrap the printables around a water bottle
- Add this free printable to Snow Caps, a Snowman Craft, pencil, or a Snowman Toy! The possibilities are endless with this non-candy valentine!
- There you go! Happy Valentines Day!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com