What a fun outdoor game to play for any age! This Beach Ball Relay Race is a blast to play and so much fun to watch. Perfect for large groups, summer games, youth groups, and backyard fun. A good game for kids, teens, and adults.
Beach Ball Relay Race Outdoor Game to Play
If you are looking for awesome summer games to play, then you have hit the jackpot. I have so many fun outdoor games to show you. For example, this Lei Necklace Relay Race is awesome and Toss the Water is a hilarious water game to play.
As you can see, the game gets intense. Beach balls are flying everywhere and it’s a mad dash to the finish line/beach towel.
Just look at those smiles. So fun!
What Other Games Can You Play Outside?
- hide and seek
- water balloon fights
- water balloon hunt
- watermelon seed spitting contest
- jump rope
- capture the flag
- red light, green light
- simon says
- red rover
- flashlight tag
- find more games here, over 30 outdoor games to play
Are you looking for Backyard Games to play this summer? Check out these fun games…
- Firefighter race water game – great for kids and teens
- Back to Back water balloon dash
- DIY Milk Jug Water Balloon Catch
Are you ready to play Beach Ball Relay Race? Let’s make sure you have everything you need…
Here’s What You’ll Need for Beach Ball Race
- beach balls – 1 per team
- yard space to run
- beach towels are a good marker to make a finish line, but you can use anything you have around to mark it
- players – at least 4
Setting up for the game…
- define a space for the start – you can mark it with a stick, a beach towel or a land mark
- do the same for the finish line – this should be pretty far away from the starting line
- have beach balls blown up and ready for each team
- divide players into an even amount per team
How to play Beach Ball Race
- Pick two players from each team to start the game. If there are more players, they should line up in pairs behind them
- Players who are starting the game should line up at the starting point – facing the finish line which is a good distance away
- They should place a beach ball between their bodies
- Players can hold onto each other, but no hands on the ball
- When you yell go, the teams of 2, should run to the finish line with the ball between them and back to the players waiting to go next
- Play continues until everyone has gone
- The team that finishes first is the winner
- *note – if the ball drops, the pair or players must stop and replace it between them before moving forward