Keep the kids entertained and cool off this summer with this fun Water Game for Kids! Firefighter Race is easy to set up and take down. Get the kids moving and enjoying outside, today! Come on in and I’ll show you how to set this fun game up to enjoy this summer…
- Relay games are always fun for kids. Adding water elevates the fun even more!
Here’s a fun video to show you this game in action.
- Do you see the slipping and the sliding? So much fun!
- We have to make it a little more challenging for older kids, so that’s where the slippery soap comes in. Hee! Hee!
- Then, let the fun race begin!
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this fun Summer Outdoor Water Game for Kids and Teens!
Here’s What You’ll Need to set up for your own Firefighter Race – A Water Game for Kids and Teens
(this is set up for 2 teams)
- A large sheet of Plastic Sheeting – I found a roll of 10’x25′ on Amazon that worked perfectly!
- ground stakes
- 4 buckets – I found 4 at the Dollar Tree
- Soap – With younger kids, I’d worry about it getting into their eyes. You could use “tear free” shampoo to help resolve that problem
- You’ll need access to a water hose
- Plastic cups
- Players – The more the better! Just divide them up evenly
Instructions on setting up Firefighter Race
- First, stake your plastic sheeting down on all 4 corners
- Spread the soap out over the plastic sheeting
- Spray water all over the plastic sheeting and the soap to get it sudsy and slippery
- place 2 buckets on one end of the slide – near the corners
- place 2 more on the other end – near the corners
- Fill 2 of the buckets that are on the same side with water
- Place a cup in each filled water bucket and have kids line up behind it into 2 even teams
- When you’re ready, kids should scoop a cup of water out of the filled water bucket and run as fast as they can to the empty bucket to fill it
- They want to run fast, but if they fall – they risk spilling their water and they won’t have any to fill the empty bucket with
- You can time the race and yell stop. Look to see which team’s empty bucket has been filled up the most
- Or – you can let them go until the teams run out of water and see who has the most in their bucket they were filling up
That’s it! Play it over and over again. Another big bonus – the plastic sheeting makes a terrific slip n slide!
If you’re still looking for more Summer Activities to Do With the Kids…check out the links below…
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do