This Ladybug Craft Idea is perfect for kids and even adults. Great idea for spring projects or recycle projects in preschool and kindergarten. Using egg cartons makes it a great recycle craft, as well. Decorate the house this summer with these cute little bugs. Come on in and I’ll share my easy “how to” on this Ladybug Craft Idea…
Isn’t this the cutest little ladybug? It’s so easy to make too. You could easily make this with preschoolers and kindergarten classes.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Ladybug Craft Idea
Here’s What You’ll Need for this Ladybug Craft Idea
- Paper egg carton
- Red paint
- Paint brush or sponge brush
- Wooden skewer or something else with a pointed end to make holes
- Fine tip Black marker
- Black puffy paint OR Black Paint Pen
- 2 pieces of 2 inch long Black pipe cleaner
Instructions for this Ladybug Craft Idea using Recycled Egg Cartons
- protect your surface
- cut out a bottom piece from the egg carton and level it so it will sit flat on a surface
- paint the carton red and let dry
- poke 2 holes at the top/front of the egg carton piece
- push the 2 pipe cleaners through the holes
- use the fine tip black marker to make 2 eyes and a smile
- Use puffy paint or the black paint pen to make different sized circles all over the sides and back of the ladybug
That’s it! Enjoy your ladybug craft.
Are you looking for more Spring or Summer Crafts to do with the kids? Here are some ideas that I’m featuring for you, today…
How about a Ladybug Food Craft Idea? This would go great with your craft. 🙂
Happy spring and summer too!
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do