You all probably know that I love a fun and done, easy treat. These Firecracker Marshmallows are so easy, yummy and simply adorable on a platter. They are the perfect Easy Patriotic Treat for your summer parties. Come on in and I’ll share my simple “how to” for these yummy sweet treats…
I love the chocolate running down the side of the marshmallows. It’s so pretty. These Firecracker Marshmallows would make the perfect quick and easy Fourth of July Dessert.
Here’s a quick video tutorial on this fun summer treat.
Let’s not forget the yummy maraschino cherry on top. So cute!
Here’s What You’ll Need for these Firecracker Chocolate Marshmallows – An Easy Patriotic Treat
This recipe makes about 30 marshmallows
- A Bag of Marshmallows – the bags contain around 30 marshmallows
- 6 oz. of dark blue chocolate melts – Wilton is preferred
- 30 cherries with stems
Extra Equipment Needed
- wax paper
- paper towel
- microwave proof glass bowl
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Easy Patriotic Treat
Instructions for Firecracker Chocolate Marshmallows
- Set out your supplies
- Melt your chocolate melts – I usually microwave them for 1 minute, stir and microwave 30 more seconds. Stir until smooth
- Put the wax paper down on your counter
- Grab your paper towel and have that handy
- When you’re all set…dip one marshmallow at a time into the melted chocolate. Only dip anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of the marshmallow into the chocolate
- Set the marshmallow onto the wax paper
- Pick up a cherry and dry the outside of by placing it in some paper towel and pressing to dry
- Push the cherry into the top center of the melted chocolate
- *If your cherries are dripping too much juice, the juice will run down the marshmallow and you’ll have a soggy treat
- Repeat with each marshmallow
- Let the chocolate completely dry before moving them
- That’s it!
Storing your Easy Patriotic Treats
- These are best when they are fresh. If you plan on making them in advance…I would store these in an airtight container – at room temperature – for up to a few days. I only say a few days because of the cherry. When it dries out, it won’t be as yummy.
Are you looking for more Red, White & Blue Snacks? Check out these fun Patriotic Treats, below:
~ Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do