Here’s another fun craft to do with the kids. Today, I’ll show you How to Make a Marble Run out of Cardboard Tubes. With a family of 6, we go through a lot of toilet paper, and paper towels. So, when I see an idea for using the cardboard tubes, I’m all over it.
How to Build a Marble Run out of Cardboard Tube
This has to be one of the biggest hits with the kids. It’s so simple and fun. I leave a little basket in the kitchen filled with marbles and their magnetic paper towel and toilet paper tubes. They love to start a new design each morning.
Are you ready to make this Marble Run? Let’s make sure you have everything you need…
- Magnetic Tape
- Cardboard Tubes – from toilet paper and paper towel
- Styrofoam or plastic cups
- Bucket or tall plastic container (like an old pretzel rod container)
Suggestions for decorating your tubes:
- Self Adhesive Contact Paper
- Fun decorative paper
- Crayons or paint
Here’s what we did to make our magnetic marble run:
- Cut a large hole into the bottom of the cups
- Decorate paper tubes
- Add magnetic strips onto the back of the cups and tubes
- We found a large pretzel container to catch the marbles – the kids thought of using a plastic cup with a magnetic clip to catch the marbles. They both work great.
- Place tubes and cups in fun designs so they are vertical and diagonal
- Place your bucket or plastic container under your tubes
- Then, let the kids add marbles to the top tube and watch it shoot through their maze
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com