Make these fun Cat in the Hat Crafts – Paper Tube Crayon Holders for your next Dr. Seuss Party. A fun and easy craft that will make any celebration exciting for the kids as they color and play.
Cat in the Hat Craft
For Each One –
Toilet Paper Tube
Red Spray Paint
White Felt or Foam
Hot Glue & Hot Glue Gun ( I use a warm gun. I’ve been burned too many times with the hot one. Yikes!)
Plastic Shot Glasses – You can find them in the drink aisles.
- Cut 1/2 inch slits all around the bottom of your toilet paper roll.
- Bend these outward. These help the roll stand and also provide something for the brim to secure to.
- Spray paint with red paint
- After they are dry, flip the roll over onto your white fabric, so you can trace a circle from the inside of your roll.
- Cut this circle out, and cut a larger circle around it. You are making the brim. It should look like the letter O.
- Pull this over your roll of toilet paper, and secure it with glue to your bent slits.
- Cut strips of white ribbon to the circumference of your tube.
- Place 2 or 3 dots of hot glue on your tube of toilet paper.
- Adhere your white ribbon around the tube, like stripes.
- Place a shot glass upside down, inside the tube.
- Place a shot glass right side up, on top of the other glass. It will look like an hourglass.
- Stick crayons into the plastic cup, and have fun
If you are looking for more Dr. Seuss Crafts and Ideas, try some other projects like:
- Here’s a fun Tablecloth idea to go with this craft – Cat in the Hat paper tablecloth
- Cat in the Hat paper tablecloth
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com