This is a fun and simple holiday Pinecone Door Swag Christmas craft that produces a beautiful Swag or Wreath decoration for your front door for years to come.
Christmas Swag Craft:
- 6 large pine cones – I bought a bag of the cinnamon scented pine cones that you see in every grocery store around the holidays
- Drapery Chord – I bought 1&1/2 yards of the chord at JoAnn Fabric Store
- Scotch tape
- Twisty tie
- A pretty bow
- Optional – Adhesive spray and snow glitter
- Wreath hanger
Now, on to the swag:
- So, you’ll want to set your pine cones into a tier formation – I placed 3 at the top, 2 in the middle, and finally 1 at the bottom
- Section off your chord, (one long piece for the bottom cone, 2 medium-length pieces for the middle cones, and 3 short pieces for the top cones) and wrap scotch tape around the section you plan on cutting – this is important – the tape keeps the cording from unraveling
- Cut the chord in the center of the scotch tape
- Hot glue one end of each chord to your designated pine cones
- Gather the chords at the top and secure them with your twist tie – Add glue to even further secure them
- Add your pretty bow to the top of the chords, and twist the ties around your chords
- Bend the extra ends of the chord over the twist in the bow, and glue
- Use the extra pieces of the ribbon twists to form a circle to hang the swag, or slip a ribbon through the bent chords and tie to make a place to hang the swag from
- If you want to add some sparkle, spray the adhesive spray onto the pine cones and sprinkle snow glitter
- Hang on the wreath hanger!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com – A site providing kid-friendly crafts, recipes, party ideas, and fun things to do with the whole family!