Oh boy! What do you do after you’ve accidentally picked 3 buckets of strawberries?! You get really creative in the kitchen. Here’s a delicious sauce I created for our pork tenderloin.
- 1/2 T butter
- 1 cup of washed strawberries with stems removed
- 1/4 c of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 2 T of sugar
- 2 t of cornstarch mixed with 1 T water
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter
- Add the strawberries, and cook down until the juices are running – stirring occasionally
- Add the vinegar, garlic powder, and sugar – stir in
- Add the cornstarch mixture, and continue to cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes
- That’s it! Serve over your favorite grilled meats, and fish!
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com