Individual Toilet Paper Tube Pinatas – Kid Friendly Things To Do .com
Posted by Melissa in Anytime, Birthdays, Chinese New Year, Chinese New Year, Cinco De Mayo, Crafts & Ideas for Home, Fourth of July, Holidays, Birthdays & Celebration Ideas, New Years, New Years | 0 comments
These toilet paper tube pinatas are so much fun! A perfect craft for a Cinco De Mayo Celebration, birthday parties, New Years, Fourth of July, Cultural Day – You name it!
- Toilet paper tube
- Decorative supplies like tissue paper, stickers, crayons, markers, etc…
- Washable Glue
- Hot glue, and Hot Glue Gun – I recommend using a Lo Temp glue gun
- Card Stock, or construction paper
- Strings – Yarn, ribbon, etc…
- Toys, candy, or confetti
- Decorate a toilet paper tube with tissue paper, stickers, crayons, etc…
- You get the idea!
- We were doing Cinco De Mayo pinatas, so we used colorful flowers, and tissue paper
- We looked at the Mexican flag, and did one representing the flag with a green tube, red, and white tissue paper.
- Cut 2 circles out of the card stock that will cover the openings in the tubes
- Cover the bottom of the toilet paper tube with one piece of construction paper, or paper stock
- Fill with prizes
- Put a few long pieces of yarn, and ribbon together – tie a knot in one end
- Cut a little slit in the other piece of card stock, push the knotted end of yarn through the slit
- Secure the knot with glue between the knot and the paper
- Glue the paper to the other side of the tube with the lo temp glue gun
- Glue one more piece of ribbon, or yarn to the top of the pinata to hang it with
- Hang the pinatas, and when you’re ready let the kids pull the strings on their pinatas for a fun surprise!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com