This is a fun way for kids to use wordplay on Kit-Kats. Use Kit-Kat Bars to show your friends how much you like them. Kids that like to craft will love this Homemade Valentine’s Day card and treat idea.
Kit-Kat Valentine’s Day Card Idea
Are you looking for Valentine’s Day Ideas? Try some of my other fun posts, like:
Here are the supplies I used for this cat:
- I used pink construction paper for the body, arms, and face
- White paper with “You Are One Kool Kat!” printed onto it, cut in the shape of the body
- Google eyes
- Purple Paper for the ears – cut into little triangles
- I found some card stock with glitter hearts for the paws
- Glitter paper for the nose
- Red Marker for whiskers and mouth- you could also use glitter glue
- I cut a pear shaped body out of the pink paper – about 4 inches in length and 3 inches in width (at the widest part)
- I used the pink paper to cut strips – about 4 inches by 3/4 inches then I used an accordion fold to make them a little more fun for the arms!
- I used the same pink paper to cut a face – it’s about 2&1/2″ wide by 2″ tall
- Since I was in cutting mode, I cut out two little purple triangles for ears, and a little pink glittery triangle for the nose
- Then I used Microsoft Word to type – You Are One Cool Kat and printed that out on white copy paper. I cut that into a pear shape like the pink one, but smaller. The white belly is about 3 inches by 2 inches – I glued that to the center of the pink belly
- I cut the hearts out of card stock with glitter hearts for the paws
- I assembled the face and used a red Sharpie for details on the cat’s face
- I used this really great Fabric Glue that sticks super fast – It’s called Fabri-Tac, and you can find it at Michaels Craft Store, Wal-Mart and Jo-Ann Fabrics to name a few places
- I bent the top of the pink body and used that as my spot to glue the face
- Then, I added my accordion arms and heart paws
- I set my Kit-Kat down in between the two arms and pulled the arms up to glue the hearts onto the Kit-Kat – framing the name Kit-Kat with the paws
- Done! Happy Valentines Day!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com – a site providing kid friendly crafts, fun foods, party ideas, recipes, and fun things to do with your whole family!