Here’s an easy and crispy homemade pizza dough crust that makes 2 super thin crusts or 1 regular crust for pizza night with the family. I’ve been using this pizza dough recipe for years and years. It hasn’t let me down, yet. Come on in and I’ll share my recipe with you…
Homemade Pizza Dough
Can you freeze pizza dough for later?
- You can freeze pizza dough. Let it rise and then divide it up into the number of crusts the recipe calls for. When you are ready to use your crust, let the dough thaw in the refrigerator (overnight is best). Allow the pizza to come to room temperature before rolling out.
Why do you cover the dough to rise?
- Covering the dough prevents it from drying out
Can I let the dough rise in the oven?
- To rise dough in an oven, first place the oven on the lowest setting to warm up for only a few minutes. Turn the oven off. Place the dough in the center of the oven to rise
A Simple Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe | Kid Friendly Things To Do
Easy pizza dough recipe for pizza night
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 thin or 1 thick crust 1x
- 1 cup of Luke-warm water – the water should be at about 130 degrees – like a hot bath temperature – not boiling
- 2 t. of active dry yeast (one packet will do)
- 1 t of salt
- 2 T of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of flour
- Mix the Luke-warm water and yeast together
- Add flour, salt, and oil
- Mix well
- Grease a large bowl to place the pizza dough in
- Put the dough into the greased bowl. Cover with a towel. Place in a warm area, and let rise for about and hour – or until doubles
- Now, shape your dough for your pizza! This should make 2 thin crusts or 1 very thick crust
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com