You are going to love this Homemade Margherita Pizza Recipe. It’s so easy to make and absolutely delicious to the last bite. Made with delicious summer favorites like garden tomatoes and fresh basil, it’s the perfect pizza for summer nights. The roasted garlic…oh my goodness. It’s heavenly. Come on in and I’ll share this recipe for Margherita Pizza, which I think is the best!…
I grilled our Margherita Pizza, but you could easily bake this in the oven.
On summer nights, this pizza is delicious hot off of the grill. If you have one handy, it’s my preferred method of cooking this Margherita Pizza.
The beauty of making this pizza on the grill is the ability to entertain guests while cook. Hang out with summer drinks and then dig into pizza, fresh off of the grill.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Margherita Pizza Recipe…
Just like anything else on the grill, you’ll have to check on it periodically and move it around to ensure the crust cooks evenly.
But, with my no-cook sauce recipe, and simple ingredients, this Margherita Pizza is done in a snap!
How do you make Margherita Pizza?
- Prepare the pizza sauce or use store-bought pizza sauce
- Prepare the garlic by baking it in foil to soften and flavor it
- Spread the sauce on Naan Flatbread
- Add Mozzarella Cheese
- Add sliced tomatoes and garlic pieces
- Bake or grill for 10-15 minutes – or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown
- Add fresh basil and ground pepper
What does Classic Margherita Pizza Have on It?
- Margherita pizza has the colors of the Italian flag, Red sauce and tomatoes, white cheese and garlic, and finally green basil. It is a simple and delicious pizza
What is Naan Bread and is it a good pizza crust?
- Naan Bread is an Indian Flatbread. It’s the perfect pizza crust that is already prepared for you. Just spread on toppings, heat and enjoy.
Here’s the recipe for Margherita Pizza…Print
Margherita Pizza Recipe
Delicious, and hot off the grill Margherita Pizza
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minute
- Yield: 4 flatbread pizzas 1x
- 4 Naan Flatbreads
- 1 (15 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) can of tomato paste
- 1 tsp. of sweet dry basil
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. of sugar
- 2 Whole Garlic Bulbs
- Olive Oil
- Mozzarella Cheese – Sliced or Shredded
- Tomatoes sliced
- Fresh Basil, sliced or whole
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Prepare your garlic in advance – allow at least 15 minutes for the garlic to cook
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the top of the garlic bulb off
- Place each bulb in a piece of aluminum foil, and pull it up and around the garlic
- Pour olive oil over the open pieces of garlic, and sprinkle salt over it
- Wrap the bulbs completely in the foil, and bake for about 15 min., or until garlic is soft
- If you are making the sauce, then mix all of the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl
- Spread sauce on Naan bread – make it as thick or as thin as you prefer
- Add cheese slices, and then tomato slices
- Squeeze the garlic out of the bulbs, and sprinkle the roasted garlic on pizzas
- Grill over low/medium heat for about 12-15 minutes
- When the cheese has melted, and the sauce has warmed through the pizzas are ready to pull off of the grill
- Add basil and ground pepper
- If the crust is darkening too quickly, you can place aluminum foil under the bread – you can also use a baking sheet or pizza stone as a barrier between the flame and crust
- Another trick is to turn every other burner off so the flame is not directly under the whole pizza and move the pizzas around every five minutes to ensure the crust cooks evenly
- Bake on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes – or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown
- Serving Size: 8