This is a cute Halloween cupcake for your Halloween party! When I saw a cupcake topper with a clown hat, my Halloween brain ( I love Halloween!) immediately thought of a Witch Hat – thus the Witch Hat Cupcakes were born! Ta Da! Make a witch hat out of a few simple items for a cupcake topper! Here’s What You’ll Need To Make These Witch Hats!:
- Cupcakes frosted with black frosting
- Sugar Ice Cream Cones (optional – you can bake a cupcake inside the sugar cones as an additional treat! – Just click on Martha Stewart’s link below to see how!)
- Halloween Marshmallows
- Candied Fruit Slices
- Black Frosting – Dark Purple Would Be a Great Color For a Witch Hat, too! (To get our frosting the blackest-black – We used chocolate frosting and added a few drops of black food coloring gel)
Now, Here’s What You’ll Need To Do To Make Your Witch Hat:
- Using a knife, saw off an inch off of the bottom of the sugar cones
- Frost the sugar cones with black frosting, and attach them to the center of the frosted cupcake
- Add Marshmallow bats and moons
- Add the (ribbon) of the witch hat by cutting the rind off the gummy fruit slices and attaching the trimmed rind to the front of the frosted sugar cone – place it toward the bottom of the cone, and adjust as necessary.
- You’re Done!
baking cupcakes inside a Sugar Cone : http://www.marthastewart.com/332904/ice-cream-cone-cupcakes
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com – A site providing kid friendly recipes, ideas, and crafts. Plus, check out all of the fun things to do in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island with pictures for a better visual!