When the nights turn cold, I love to get cozy with a hot bowl of this Butternut Squash Soup. This soup is one of my favorites dinners for the brisk nights of fall and winter. It’s not only delicious, it’s healthy too. Come on in and I’ll share this delcious creamy soup recipe with you…
There is just something about the fall that makes you fall back in love with the squash in your super market’s produce section that you’ve been ignoring all summer long.
Fall time is time for cozy soups, squash, and apple pie. This Butternut Squash Soup is the essence of all of those fall qualities. It even has apples in the recipe.
So, now that you’ve found the perfect fall soup recipe…
What Goes Well With Butternut Squash Soup?
- French bread
- Roasted Chicken Breast
- Thin crust pizza
What Is a Good Garnish for Butternut Squash Soup?
- A dallop of sour cream
- chopped fresh chives
How do you make Butternut Squash Soup?
- Split squash in half and scoop out the seeds
- Roast the squash at 400 degrees for an hour or until tender
- In a large pot, Sautee’ onion, carrots, and apple in butter and olive oil
- Add salt and pepper
- Add chicken broth
- Now that the squash has cooled, scoop out the flesh and add it to the broth
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer
- Once cool enough for your blending equipment, blend the soup until smooth
- Add back into the large pot
- mix in whipping cream and spices
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe…
Here’s a quick video showing how I prepared this Butternut Squash and Apple Soup…
Here’s the recipe for ya.Print
Butternut Squash Soup
A delicious, and cozy soup
- 2 small, or 1 large butternut squash
- 2 T of butter
- 2 T of olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1 large apple – peeled, chopped, and cored – I used a Macintosh apple, but Granny Smith works well, too
- 1&1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of pepper
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. of curry
- 1/8 tsp. of cumin
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seed with a spoon and dicard
- Place the squash halves on a baking sheet
- Place in the oven at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Melt butter with the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Add the onion, carrots, apple, salt & pepper
- Saute for about 20 minutes, or until everything is tender, and onion is caramel colored
- Add the chicken broth
- Scoop the baked butternut squash out of the skins, and add that, as well – stir in
- Bring pot to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 min.
- Remove from heat, and let stand for until it has cooled off
- Using a food processor or blender, process the soup until it is a smooth consistency
- Pour the mixture back into the pot
- Add whipping cream and spices
- Cook on low, covered for about an hour
- Serving Suggestion – sour cream and chives
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com