Try this Simple Roasted Chicken Recipe for your next dinner. I know you’ll love the flavored crisp skin, moist meat and the ease of preparing the delicious Apple Cider and Herb Marinade. Come on in and I’ll share this Roasted Chicken with you…
You can use this recipe as a marinade if you want. I, however, had no time to marinade when my four-year-old – at 2:00 in the afternoon – decided he wanted chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and rolls for his birthday dinner. He completely changed the menu on me. The plan WAS pizza.
Honestly, for the number of people expected for dinner, I had to go buy 3 whole chickens! Luckily, I grabbed some apple cider while I was at the store.
The apple cider marinade that I put on these chickens was instantly put into the oven and really held in the juices. My brother-in-law, even asked if I had bought a rotisserie chicken. They were that juicy, and delicious.
This marinade is also perfect for Turkey. Use it this Thanksgiving on your Thanksgiving turkey.
What is the difference between roasting and baking a chicken?
Roasting is uncovered and usually at a higher temperature than baking. The higher temperature allows the skin to crisp up.
How long do you Roast a Whole Chicken for?
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds—400 F (200 C/Gas 6)—45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds—400 F (200 C/Gas 6)—1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds—375 F (190 C/Gas 5)—1 1/4 to ` 3/4 hours.
- 3 to 4 pounds—375 F (190 C/Gas 5)—1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours.
- 5 to 8 pounds—375 F (190 C/Gas 5)—about 20 minutes per pound plus about 15 minutes standing time.
How long can you keep cooked chicken?
- Keep cooked chicken in an airtight container and in the refrigerator. Properly cooked and stored chicken should last for 3-4 days.
How do you Roast a Whole Chicken?
- Pat chicken dry and place in roasting pan
- Mix the marinade ingredients together
- Spread marinade on the chicken
- Bake in oven according to roasting instructions
- Occasionally baste chicken with juices
- Remove chicken from oven
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes
- Transfer to a cutting board and carve
Easy No Marinade Apple Cider & Herbs Roasted Chicken
Delicious and tender roasted chicken recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: varies
- Total Time: 25 minute
- Yield: 1 whole chicken 1x
- 1/2 cup of apple cider
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. dried garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley or parsley paste
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil or basil paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
Extra for Gravy:
- optional – chicken bouillion cube
- 2 Tbsp. of flour
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Place your turkey or roasting chicken in a roasting pan
- Pour the (marinade) over the bird
- Roast according to your roasting guide – if you need to look it up, here’s a link: click here
- Occasionally baste the turkey with pan juices
- When your bird is ready, remove from oven, transfer to a serving platter, and carve
- Pour some of the juices into a small saucepan
- Make a thickening agent for the gravy – grab a coffee mug, and mix about 2 T. of flour with 1/4 cup of cold water, mix rapidly until lumps are gone
- Add to the juices, and cook over medium/high heat, stirring occasionally until gravy is thickened
*If gravy lacks flavor, add a bouillion cube to hot gravy and stir until it dissolves into the gravy juices
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com