The BEST Chicken Cordon Bleu… This Easy Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu with White Sauce is the most simple and delicious meal that’s fit for a king. Baked not fried and smothered in a lightened up, healthier white sauce variation. It’s sure to be a family favorite.
This is such a simple version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. Just layer on the cheese and ham and bake it up for a quick and elegant dinner.
My thirteen year old boy couldn’t get enough of this delicious meal. I don’t know where he puts it. If I only had that metabolism again.
Honestly though, doesn’t it look absolutely delicious? Why go out to eat, when you can make a better meal right in your kitchen.
Here are my top picks for this Chicken Cordon Bleu with White Sauce Recipe…
Finally, here’s the recipe:
Easy and Healthy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt – I used coarse sea salt
- 6 slices of deli style sliced ham
- Sliced deli style Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup of plain bread crumbs or panko
- 2 Tbsp. of butter
- 2 Tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- 1/2 cup of white cooking wine
- 2 slices of Swiss Cheese torn into pieces
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Grab a 9×13 pan and place the chicken breast into the pan
- Salt the chicken breast
- Add a couple of slices of folded up ham to the top of each breast
- Fold up slices of Swiss cheese and place those on the top of the ham
- Shake the bread crumbs over the chicken breasts
- Dividing the butter evenly add dollops of butter to each breast
- Place the chicken in the oven for 15-20 minutes – Thermometer inserted into the thickest part should read 165 degrees
- In a large saucepan, add the milk and flour
- Whisk until smooth
- Cook over med/high heat until thickended
- Add the wine, cheese, salt and pepper
- Serve the chicken with sauce
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do