I was first introduced to Cobb Salad on the deck of a Vero Beach restaurant. I’ve loved it ever since. I even have my own version of the restaurant’s Cobb Salad, here on the blog. But, I’ve never thought about making a Cobb Salad into a Sub Sandwich. Wow! Was this family missing out on a delicious lunch.
This sandwich is packed with some good stuff! With a fresh baked wheat french loaf, and so many healthy ingredients, you’ll feel good knowing every bite is packed with nutrition.
Cobb Salad Sub Sandwich
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 small bag of fresh lettuce or sliced Romaine lettuce
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lb. of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 1 small red onion peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lb. of deli sliced ham, turkey, or both!
- Slice the loaf of bread and scoop out the middle to make room for toppings
- Spoon the vinaigrette onto the top half of the bread
- Layer all of the toppings
- Close the bread
- Slice and enjoy
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://kidfriendlythingstodo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/me-medium-family.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Hi! I’m Melissa, a stay at home mom to 4 cute little rugrats, a Volunteer Field Editor for “Taste of Home” Magazine where I review and create recipes, and a former elementary school teacher. Simple is my motto, because…who has time for complicated? This is where I love to share Simple Recipe Creations, Crafts, & Fun Foods for Holidays and Special Occasions. Please browse around, and join me for some fun ideas, and yummy food![/author_info] [/author]