Packed with the same delicious flavors of a Cobb Salad and the best honey mustard vinegarette, this Cobb Salad Sandwich Recipe is simply the best! Imagine your favorite Cobb Salad in the middle of an Italian bread loaf. It’s the perfect lunch.
Cobb Salad Sandwich
Are you looking for easy sandwich recipes? Try some of my other posts, like:
This sandwich is packed with some good stuff! With a fresh-baked Italian loaf of bread and so many healthy ingredients, you’ll feel good knowing every bite is packed with nutrition.
What Makes a Cobb Salad a Cobb Salad?
- A Cobb Salad usually has chopped lettuce like an iceberg, some kind of chopped meat like turkey, ham or chicken, bacon, tomatoes, a crumbled cheese, avocado and hard boiled eggs. Cobb Salads are usually served with a vinaigrette.
Is a Cobb Salad Healthy?
- Absolutely! Cobb Salads are packed with nutrients and proteins from vegetables and meats
Cobb Salad Sub Sandwich
A Cobb Salad Sandwich that’s perfect for leftover holiday ham or turkey.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Total Time: 50 minute
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- 1 small bag of fresh lettuce or sliced Romaine lettuce – chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lb. of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 1 small red onion peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lb. of deli-sliced ham, turkey, or both
- *leftover holiday ham or turkey cubed is a great substitute
- Avocado chopped
- Sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup of rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of honey mustard
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Mix vinegarette by whisking all vinegarette ingredients
- Slice the loaf of bread and scoop out the middle to make room for toppings
- Brush the vinaigrette onto the top and bottom of the bread
- Layer all of the toppings, starting with chopped lettuce
- Close the bread
- Slice and enjoy
- wrap sandwiches in clear wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days
- *modify storage times according to the date of your meats expiration