This is the one! It gets a unanimous vote from all of my kids as the most fun game that we played last weekend. If you want to see your kids work together for a common goal instead of bicker with each other like they did over Christmas break…play this fun game. Come on in and I’ll show you how you can play this Photo Memory Game for Kids, Teens and Adults! Fun and Easy Holiday or Just For Fun Game – this weekend.
You can really transform this game for any setting. It’s a great one for Valentine’s Day (which is so hard to find ideas for), Easter, Halloween, Christmas…you name it! Just change the props to fit your holiday or event.
Here’s What You’ll Need for Photo Memory Game for Kids, Teens & Adults! Fun, CHEAP & Easy Game For All
- Props that go with your theme – It’s January so I’m transitioning from Christmas to Valentine’s – hence the hearts and trees. I also used books, small items like the stacks of stickers, cups, anything I could find!
- Additional props for advancing the game
- A camera – a phone or tablet would be great to use for this game
- A place to set the stage – like a bench, couch, stairs, table, etc…
- Place props all over your background
- Take a picture of the props on the background
- Remove the props and set them close by on the floor
- Gather the players and have them sit around the background you just cleared off
- Give them 20 seconds to study the picture of how the props should be set up
- Remove the photo and say Go!
- The players have 1 minute to reconstruct the background exactly as they remember it
- To continue…
- Advance the game – Have everyone turn their back to you, move things around a bit, and add more props -each time you play again. Take a photo each time and quickly remove the items. Play over and over adding more props every time – or – just move them around each time!
- Team Play – You can divide into teams. Have each team go separately to recreate the photo. See who comes closest to win!
- Look at them intensely studying this photo. They quickly came up with a strategy. One of them yelled out “Girls study the top, boys the bottom!” They recreated it almost perfectly with the exception of the trees reversed. Not bad.
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do