Easiest Minnie Mouse Cupcake Idea, Ever!
Oh man! I wish I had thought of using a FRUIT ROLL UP and Cookies before my daughter’s sixth birthday party! Why mess around with fondant when this much easier way achieves absolutely adorable results! Here’s what I did to make this super EASY Minnie Mouse cupcake!:
- Cupcakes frosted with pink frosting placed in pink Wilton cupcake wrappers – find these at Wal-Mart or Michael’s Crafts
- Oreo Cookies – I used the store brand version
- Red Fruit Roll Ups – with no writing or pictures printed on (hard to find these days)
Now, on to the cute cupcake!: (I’m so excited!) :
- You’ll want to unwrap your red roll up, and cut a strip about 6 inches in length – if you have to piece two pieces together because you couldn’t find just plain red (it happens) then use a dab of water to make them seal together
- Start by folding one end of the fruit roll up toward the center – about 3 inches in. Pinch or fold the end together before you stick it to the bottom making a little ribbon like fold
- Repeat with the other side
- Take another strip about 2 inches long – this will be the middle of the bow – make it into a nice band by fold the sides toward the center – I have folded one side (I have the left side folded over in this picture).
- Wrap this around the middle of the bow
- You’re done!
- Now set 2 cookies in the back of the cupcake for ears and place your bow in front of those! That’s it!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com – Fun foods, party ideas, crafts, recipes, and fun things to do with your family!