These Zucchini Brownies are so moist and full of chocolate. This recipe is the perfect summer dessert and for using your abundance of garden zucchini.
The kids would never know these Zucchini Brownies are filled with a vegetable. Well…as long as you don’t tell them the name. That might give it away. I tried them out on my most finicky of eaters – my oldest. She loved them.
This recipe couldn’t come at a better time. Our itty-bitty garden is loaded with zucchini right now.
How long will homemade brownies last?
- These brownies are best eaten with a few days. You can chill them to get a couple of more days out of them.
How do you store homemade brownies?
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store brownies in the fridge for up to 1 week. If any mold grows on the brownies, they have gone bad.
Do you love baked desserts? Check out these recipes, below…
Here’s some suggested equipment you might need or even want for this particular recipe:
Here’s your handy-dandy printable:Print
Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Brownies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- 1&1/4 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 egg
- 2 t of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 t of salt
- 1&1/2 t of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- 2 cups of zucchini – with skins removed & grated
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of Hershey Bar pulled apart into 1 inch. chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat sugar, oil, egg and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, soda and cocoa
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet – stir
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips, and Hershey Bar pieces – stir
- Pour mixture into a greased pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out dry
Don’t forget to come hang out with me in my social places. I can’t wait to see you there!
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do