These Water Bottle Indian Corn are a fun Thanksgiving craft to make and decorate with. Display your corn in a basket as another fall decoration this fall or holiday season.
Indian Corn Craft – Thanksgiving Decoration to Make
Recycle water bottles and turn them into Indian Corn this Thanksgiving season. Easy to make and so cute!
I originally made luminaries from water bottles – years ago. I’ve been meaning to re-make that craft and post pictures, but I was procrastinating it. I didn’t feel like gluing a bunch of glass beads all over a water bottle and going through all of the steps. I guess, over the years, I’ve become a lazy crafter.
A little while ago, I found a cute idea on the internet showing sewn fabric Indian Corn. The more that I looked at the cute Indian Corn in the basket, the more I thought – hmm…I think an upside-down water bottle might be about that same shape. I bought myself some fall-looking fabrics and got to work. Plaids would’ve been really cute.
If you’re looking for Thanksgiving crafts you might want to look at some of my other projects, like:
Are you ready to make this Thanksgiving Craft? Let’s make sure that you have everything you’ll need…
Supplies Needed for this Fall Craft:
- empty water bottles – dried out with lids on
- fabric – I bought Fat Quarters in fall-like patterns or colors
- low temp glue gun or tacky glue – Fabri-Tac works really well and sticks almost immediately
- raffia – several pieces cut into 4-6 inch pieces
- cut the Fat Quarter into quarters
- place the water bottle at one end
- check to see that the width is correct – The ends should fold up and meet in the middle at the bottom of the bottle and at the top
- trim any excess
- put a line of glue along the length of the bottle and press the edge of the fabric onto the glue
- roll the bottle with fabric until it’s covered
- *if needed trim excess fabric
- glue the other end of the fabric to the bottle
- gather the end at the top of the bottle lid and glue to secure
- place the glue onto the bottom of the bottle
- stick the raffia in the center and gather the fabric around it
- glue to secure