I almost named this “lick the jar” Barbeque Sauce, because after a taste of this delicious sauce…you’ll be thinking about licking the jar! Serve this at your upcoming Fourth of July Celebration or summer potluck:
Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce
Are you looking for barbecue recipes? Try some of my others, like:
- 1/4 cup of Vidalia onion – chopped or sliced
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 3/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of pancake syrup
- 1 T yellow mustard
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t of soy sauce
This makes about 1/2 pint (8 oz.). Enough to slather on a couple of slabs of ribs and have some leftover for dipping.
- In a skillet, over med/high heat, melt the butter and add the chopped onion
- Saute the onion for about 5 minutes, or until it starts to become transparent and tender
- Add the vinegar, ketchup
- syrup, mustard, salt
- and soy sauce! Stir and reduce heat to simmer
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently
- Transfer to your food processor, and grind the sauce so the onion bits disappear into the sauce
- Pour into your jar, and brush on your ribs, chicken, pork – whatever you like!
- Serve on the side of barbeque items – oh so delicious! Enjoy!