I have been dying to make a barbecue sauce with root beer for some time, now. Sadly, there’s just not enough time in the day to get everything done that I set my mind to do. I’m so glad that I finally managed to try this Root Beer Barbecue Sauce Recipe out. It was worth the wait, and it was a snap to make. Come on in and I’ll share the recipe for this delicious Barbecue Sauce…
You can use any type of Root Beer for this sauce. I’ve used A&W Root Beer for this Barbecue Sauce before. This time I happened to find IBC at the end of an aisle, so IBC was the Brand of the day!
Here’s a quick video tutorial on this Root Beer BBQ Sauce Recipe
This Root Beer Barbecue Sauce is great on anything and everything including Chicken and Ribs.
The recipe calls for about 3 cups of Root Beer, but that cooks down quite a bit. You’ll really end up with about 8 oz. of sauce.
Here are my Top Amazon Picks for this Root Beer Barbecue Sauce
Here’s my recipe for this yummy Root Beer Barbecue Sauce…
Root Beer Barbecue Sauce
- Yield: 8 1x
- 3 cups of root beer
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of (Spanish) paprika – if you can’t find Spanish, then smoked paprika is a good alternative
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- In a medium saucepan over med/high heat, add the root beer
- Boil for about 10 minutes until the soda has reduced and thickened a bit
- Lower the heat to a simmer, and add the rest of the ingredients – whisking everything together
- Continue to simmer for about 30 more minutes or until the sauce is thickened to your liking
If you enjoyed this post on – Root Beer Barbecue Sauce Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Sliders! Don’t forget to get social with me! Sign up for my free newsletter, and Hang Out with me for more recipes, crafts, DIY, and so much more: