Yummy! Chocolate and Pretzels. I love that combination. Really, how can you go wrong with it? So when I saw a bag of round pretzels, I knew just what I was going to turn them into…Turkeys! I am just tickled at how these little Turkey Pretzel Treats turned out. I just love their cute little faces.
For these little turkeys, you will need:
- Brown chocolate melts – 1 12 oz. bag will make about 3 doz.
- Round pretzel rings
- Candy Corn
- Candy Eyes
- Mike & Ike candies for the beak – or something similar
- Red Pull & Peel Licorice, peeled & broken into 1-2″ pieces
- Parchment or Wax Paper
- Melt your chocolate melts according to the package directions (in a glass heat proof bowl)
- Grab yourself some parchment or wax paper and set it out for the candy
- Place your pretzel rounds out on top of the paper
- Set out all of your candy parts
- Grab a spoon, and start spooning melted chocolate into each round – I poured enough chocolate in so that the chocolate mound was a little taller than the surface of the pretzel for a more rounded face
- While the chocolate is still melted, place your beaks, eyes, and licorice into the melted chocolate faces
- *Don’t worry if your chocolate sets up and hardens before you get a chance to decorate the turkey face. Just use a toothpick to add some melted chocolate from your bowl to the back of the eyes, beak, and gobble 🙂
- Now, dip the candy corn bottoms into the bowl of melted chocolate, and fan them out around the top portion of the pretzels
- You’re done! Enjoy your cute little turkeys!
They are sure to be a hit with your “little turkeys” on Thanksgiving!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
Here’s some equipment you might need or even want for your cute little turkey treats!
(contains affiliate links)
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thanksgiving!