Yummy! Chocolate and Pretzels. I love that combination. Really, how can you go wrong with it? So when I saw a bag of round pretzels, I knew just what I was going to turn them into…Turkeys! I am just tickled at how these little Turkey Pretzel Treats turned out. I just love their cute little faces.
For these little turkeys, you will need:
- Brown chocolate melts – 1 12 oz. bag will make about 3 doz.
- Round pretzel rings
- Candy Corn
- Candy Eyes
- Mike & Ike candies for the beak – or something similar
- Red Pull & Peel Licorice, peeled & broken into 1-2″ pieces
- Parchment or Wax Paper
- Melt your chocolate melts according to the package directions (in a glass heat proof bowl)
- Grab yourself some parchment or wax paper and set it out for the candy
- Place your pretzel rounds out on top of the paper
- Set out all of your candy parts
- Grab a spoon, and start spooning melted chocolate into each round – I poured enough chocolate in so that the chocolate mound was a little taller than the surface of the pretzel for a more rounded face
- While the chocolate is still melted, place your beaks, eyes, and licorice into the melted chocolate faces
- *Don’t worry if your chocolate sets up and hardens before you get a chance to decorate the turkey face. Just use a toothpick to add some melted chocolate from your bowl to the back of the eyes, beak, and gobble 🙂
- Now, dip the candy corn bottoms into the bowl of melted chocolate, and fan them out around the top portion of the pretzels
- You’re done! Enjoy your cute little turkeys!
They are sure to be a hit with your “little turkeys” on Thanksgiving!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
Here’s some equipment you might need or even want for your cute little turkey treats!
(contains affiliate links)
[box] Wilton Light Cocoa Candy Me...Shop on Amazon Newman's Own Organics Pretz...Shop on Amazon Wilton Edible Candy Eyeball...Shop on Amazon TWIZZLERS Pull 'n' Peel Lic...Shop on Amazon Anchor Hocking 10 Piece Mix...Shop on Amazon[/box]
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thanksgiving!