It’s a lucky horseshoe! I made it in honor of St. Patrick’s Day, but you could change the colors and transform it into a Cowboy or Cowgirl Birthday Party Cupcake! Here’s what I did, and the step by step pictures to walk you through it!
You’ll Need: for one horseshoe
- A large marshmallow – not campfire jumbo
- 2 sheets of wax paper
- Rolling pin
- A bowl of water
- A bowl of silver sugar (substitute a different color if you want)
- Mini green M&Ms
- Frosting to be used as glue!
OK, got that? Now, on to the horseshoe:
- Set your marshmallow down on it’s side, onto one piece of wax paper
- Place your other sheet of wax paper on top of the marshmallow
- Using your rolling pin, roll it out until it’s somewhat flat
- Using the pictures as a guide, start cutting the marshmallow until it resembles a horseshoe
- First cut a V out of either side of the marshmallow
- Then make a curve on the opposite end
- Now, cut a U shape out of the middle
- You’re ready to color it
- Dip the marshmallow in water – Your marshmallow should be shaped like a horseshoe at this point – not a rectangle like the picture above
- Then dip it into the colored sugar
- Place it onto the top of your frosted cupcake
- Place M&Ms around the horseshoe with the frosting as glue
- That’s it! You’re Done!
Design by Melissa Haines
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com – recipes, fun foods, party ideas, kid friendly crafts, and fun things to do with the whole family!