Now that Christmas is over, New Year’s Eve will be here before you know it. Get your party off to the right start with these fun and easy Blonde Brownie Party Hat New Year’s Eve Party Treats. Not only will these be the perfect New Year’s Eve Snack, they will be the perfect compliment to any birthday party or fun celebration. Come on in and I’ll show you how to make them for your party or fun kid’s snack…
These are super cute and super easy to make.
Made with rainbow sprinkles, chocolate toppers and frosting embellishments…
They are the perfect sweet party treat that everyone will rave about.
These Blonde Brownie Party hats will definitely be the hit of the party.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this New Year’s Eve Party Treat…
Finally, Here is the “how to” on this fun New Year’s Eve Party Snack…Print
Blonde Brownie Party Hat New Year’s Eve Party Treats
The perfect fun dessert treat or snack for your party. Make these festive blonde brownie party hats in a snap to surprise your guests. They will be the hit of the party.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter – cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup of rainbow sprinkles
- frosting – I had green leftover from Christmas, so that’s what I used
- 2 piping bags – one with a star tip attached, one with a writing tip or any other tip you fancy for decorating
- Wilton chocolate melts – about 1/2 cup per color / melted and placed into squeeze bottles or homemade squeeze bags (just cut a small tip out of the corner of a baggie to pipe the chocolate from) – I chose 2 colors, orange and purple because I had them in my pantry
- Other Equipment Needed
- large mixing bowl
- non-stick aluminum foil
- 9 inch round pie pan
- Serrated bread knife
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In mixing bowl, Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder
- To the center of the dry mixture Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla
- Do not mix until all of the wet are added in
- Mix the wet ingredients together, pulling the dry ingredients into the wet
- The mixture will be like a play dough consistency
- Pour the sprinkles into the mixture and fold them in
- Line pie plate with foil – non-stick side facing up
- Divide the mixture into two pie pans and press it out to even it out at the top
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes
When are they done?
These brownies are thick, so they take a bit longer to bake. Once you start to smell the aroma of your brownies, check on them. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out mostly clean. What I mean by that is; you shouldn’t have a wet batter on the toothpick. You will probably find cooked batter will adhere to the toothpick and that’s ok
Cutting into triangles
- Let the brownies cool completely – about 15 minutes
- Pull the aluminum foil up and out of the pie pan
- Push the aluminum foil down away from the brownies
- Slice into 8-10 slices
Making the chocolate hat toppers…
- grab your melted chocolate in your squeeze bottles and a sheet of wax paper
- Set your wax paper down on the counter and start drawing toppers with the melted chocolate
- fan shapes – I started with a V and added more lines going upward from the center in a fan shape
- for the star shape – I started with an X and crossed more lines through the middle of the X going through the center in both directions
- Let those air dry for a few minutes until they have hardened
- If your chocolate has hardened, then pop it into the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt it again
- Place a dab of melted chocolate on the top of the triangles, and quickly add a chocolate topper
- The melted dab of chocolate will act as glue. You may need to hold the topper for a few seconds until the melted chocolate starts to set
- Repeat with the rest of the triangles until you’ve placed all of your toppers on
- Use the writing tip and frosting bags to add lines or fun designs to your hat
- Using the star tip, decorate the bottom of the slice with frosting stars
- Cover and store leftover brownies at room temperature up to one week.
These are a very dense brownie. One brownie will most likely be enough for each person. If you’d like them to be a snack size or feed more people, then cut the brownies into smaller triangles.
That’s it for now. Happy New Years!
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do