This Corn Chowder is a big hit with the kids and the adults. Curry gives this soup its unique flavor. It’s easy to prepare, and the perfect comfort food for these colder winter nights. Come on in and I’ll share the recipe with you…
Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
Corn chowder is such a great soup for cold nights. It’s such a delicious comfort food.
Need more soup recipes?
Check out the links below…
Table of contents
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Creamy Corn Chowder Recipe…
What makes a Chowder a Chowder?
A chowder recipe is usually a chunky soup with a creamy milk base. Some chowders are vegetable chowders, while others are made with oysters or fish.
How do you thicken Chowder Soup?
There are a few ways to thicken chowder soup. You can use a mixture of flour and water, add cheese or use a condensed soup to thicken the chowder.
Here’s the recipe for this Cheesy Corn and Potato Chowder…
Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk or whole
- 1 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes about 2 medium, peeled and cubed
- 1 15 oz. whole kernel corn , drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add celery, carrots, green pepper and onion
- cook and stir until onion is tender about 5 minutes
- Stir in flour and seasonings until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Add broth, potatoes, and corn; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese until melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley.
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do