This Corn Chowder is a big hit with the kids and the adults. Curry gives this soup its unique flavor. It’s easy to prepare, and the perfect comfort food for these colder winter nights. Come on in and I’ll share the recipe with you…
Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
Corn chowder is such a great soup for cold nights. It’s such a delicious comfort food.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Creamy Corn Chowder Recipe…
What makes a Chowder a Chowder?
A chowder recipe is usually a chunky soup with a creamy milk base. Some chowders are vegetable chowders, while others are made with oysters or fish.
How do you thicken Chowder Soup?
There are a few ways to thicken chowder soup. You can use a mixture of flour and water, add cheese or use a condensed soup to thicken the chowder.
Need more soup recipes?
Check out the links below…
Here’s the recipe for this Cheesy Corn and Potato Chowder…
Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe
This Cheesy Corn Chowder is the perfect comfort food for colder nights.
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 30 min.
- Total Time: 40 min.
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add celery, carrots, green pepper and onion
- cook and stir until onion is tender about 5 minutes
- Stir in flour and seasonings until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Add broth, potatoes, and corn; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese until melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley.
Serve with more shredded cheese, bread and/or crackers
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do