Today I want to share my Haystack Cookie Recipe with Chow Mein Noodles. Not only are they the classic Haystacks that you grew up with, but they are shaped into bird nests with little eggs inside. Oh…The cuteness! Come on in and I’ll share this simple recipe with you…
Who else is ready for spring? As much as I enjoyed last weekends epic snowstorm, I am so ready for flowers, gardens and sunshine!
These Haystack Cookies are sure to bring a little sunshine into your kitchen.
They are the perfect treat for a spring, summer or Easter Celebration!
These yummy treats are so simple to make too! You’ll have a dozen little nests in no time at all.
Here’s What You’ll Need for Chocolate and Butterscotch Haystack Cookie Recipe With Chow Mein Noodles Made Into Adorable Bird Nests!
(this recipe should make about 12-15 nests)
- Butterscotch chips – 6 oz.
- Chocolate chips – 6 oz. – I used semi-sweet, but you can use milk chocolate too
- Chow mein noodles – 6 oz.
- Large Glass microwave proof bowl
- Silicone spatula
- wax paper
- Candy Coated Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Small spoon
Instructions for this Haystack Cookie Recipe with Chow Mein Noodles
- Pour your chocolate chips into the glass bowl
- Microwave them for 1 minute, stir and then microwave for 30 more seconds and stir until smooth
- Add the chow mein noodles to your melted chocolate and fold them in until coated
- Set out one or more long strips of wax paper onto your work surface until you have enough to hold 1 dozen haystack nests
- Grab a spoonful of chocolate coated chow mein noodles and plop it onto the wax paper into a small mound
- Use your spoon to press the middle down and form a little bird nest shape. *Don’t worry about being perfect here. You want the stray little sticks here and there
- While the chocolate is still wet, add 2 or 3 little chocolate eggs to the center
- Repeat until you are all out of chow mein noodles and you are done!
That’s it! Happy Spring, Summer, and Easter!
Here are my top Amazon picks for Haystack Cookie Recipe with Chow Mein Noodles
If you are still looking for some happy Spring Treats, then look no further. Check out some that I have featured for you, below…
Easy and Beautiful Chocolate Covered Spring Pretzels – You can find the “how to” here
Brownie Bird Nests – These spring treats are found here
Until we meet again…