I can’t wait to share this Easy and Fun PAPER PLATE FISHBOWL CRAFT with you all. It’s so simple to make and super fun for everyone. It’s the perfect craft for a rainy summer day or even for an ocean themed birthday party. Come on in and I’ll show you how to make with your kids this summer.
Happy Summer! I hope your summer is going well. Ours has been fun, but it’s going by way too fast. I can’t believe that we’ve already celebrated the Fourth of July. We played some fun family games over the holiday that I can’t wait to share with you. Today, I wanted to show you this fun craft we enjoyed last week while we were on vacation. We had a couple of rainy days that were perfect for pulling out this fun PAPER PLATE FISHBOWL CRAFT. You’ve gotta make the best of those rainy vacation days. The kids had a blast making them and I loved looking at them on the kitchen sink window sill all week long. They are so cheerful and fun.
Here’s What You’ll Need For This PAPER PLATE FISHBOWL CRAFT:
- a blue paper plate
- warm glue gun with glue sticks or a stapler
- real cork tape made by Duck Tape – I found mine in the craft aisle of WalMart
- Foam fish stickers and other fun ocean themed foam stickers
- small sea shells
- white glue for bubbles – It’s hard to find glue that stays white. I found that Elmers Multipurpose Glue-All dries a milky white. Most wood glue dries white, like Gorilla’s White Glue.
- *If you don’t have glue that dries white – add glitter while the glue is wet, use a hole punch to make white circles from paper, or let it dry into clear three dimensional bubbles – it’s still a lot of fun.
Now onto the Fun:
- cut about 1/3 of the paper plate and invert it so the smaller portion looks like a fishbowl stand
- glue or staple to secure
- hold the cork tape over the bottom of your fishbowl/paper plate to see how much you need to cut for the sand portion of the bowl – mark it off with a pen or pencil and cut it out
- pull the backing off of your cork tape and secure it to the bottom of the fish bowl/paper plate
- add seashells to the sand bottom with glue
- add fish foam stickers along with other sea creatures that you have
- Use the white glue to make bubbles coming from the fish mouth
- *some glue dries transparent, but that’s fine. It still looks really cool
That’s it! Enjoy your cheerful craft all summer long!
Here are my top AMAZON PICKS FOR THIS Easy and Fun Paper Plate Fishbowl Craft for the Kids This Summer:
Here are some more fun Ocean Themed Crafts to check out:
Make a crab out of a Paper Plate
Make an Octopus out of gloves!
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do