Sticky Chicken Wings are the perfect finger food for holiday or game day parties. You can’t go wrong with a little sweet, a little salt, and a little tang. Here’s the recipe for Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Wings…
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Wings
These finger foods made with salty soy sauce and sweet honey are always a favorite.
What goes well with Sticky Chicken Wings?
- Rice is perfect for a dinner. For a party, serve Nachos, Loaded Potato Skins, French Fries, Onion Rings, Mozzarella Sticks, Fried Mushrooms and other finger foods
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Wings Recipe | Kid Friendly Things To Do
- 3 lbs. of chicken wings
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 t of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch + 1 T water
- sliced fresh scallions
- sesame seeds
- If you prefer it, cut the wings at the joint, separating it into 2 pieces
- Place the chicken wings into the slow cooker
- In a small bowl, add the soy sauce, nectar, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, hot sauce, and vinegar
- Mix well
- Pour over the chicken,
- Add the cinnamon stick
- Place chicken on high.
- Cook for about 4 hours – turning every once in a while to evenly coat the chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix the corn starch, and water
- Stir into the the slow cooker juices
- Discard the cinnamon stick
- Transfer the chicken and juices to a baking sheet, and pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes so the sauce can get thick, and sticky!
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, and sliced scallions over the beautiful chicken!
- Serve with rice
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com