Are you ready for a cool painting experience, with the kids?! This might become your favorite paint! It’s made with only four simple ingredients. You don’t have to find an extra large, clean space to lay the paintings to dry. Masterpieces, your kids create will be dry in seconds! You can just hang them, or stack them up! Clean up is as simple as cleaning up, after baking with the kids! You might get so involved in painting with the kids, that you are creating your own masterpieces long after they have lost interest. Want to give it a try? Here’s the recipe!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Self Rising Flour – I use Gold Medal – Don’t worry if you don’t have “Self Rising” – The recipe to turn All Purpose into Self Rising Flour is below!
- Food Coloring
- Cupcake Pan works great for a paint tray
- Q-tips (or paintbrushes)
Instructions: – Per color
- Mix 1 Tablespoon of Self Rising Flour with 1 Tablespoon of salt. Add a little food coloring, and a few drops of water. Only add enough water to make a paste.
- Use a Q-tip to paint on a sheet of paper. Use the paint liberally! The more you paste on, the more three dimensional your painting will look.
- Microwave the painting for up to 12 seconds. The painting should be puffy and dry! So Cool!
Turning All-Purpose Flour into Self Rising Flour:
For each cup of All Purpose Flour
Add 1 and 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder, & 1/4 teaspoon of salt! Mix to combine.