Rich and creamy white sauce made with cream cheese, milk, and butter. It’s simply delicious by itself and even better with grilled chicken and pasta. Come on in and I’ll share a recipe for delicious Pasta with White Sauce and Chicken.
Pasta with White Sauce and Chicken
This pasta recipe is a requested dish from my kids. I have to admit, I frequently taste the sauce as it cooks – so much that I’m usually full by the time dinner is on the table. This chicken in white sauce is definitely one of our favorite pasta recipes but these easy pizza stuffed shells, this creamy tetrazzini recipe, and this slow cooker homemade spaghetti sauce are all fan favorites.
What can you use White Sauce on?
- as a dipping sauce for bread
- Grilled chicken and pasta
- Shrimp and pasta
Pasta With White Sauce and Grilled Chicken
- 3-4 Chicken Breast – I prefer marinated chicken for this recipe – refer to notes below
- 16 oz. Pasta linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tbsp. butter unsalted
- 1&1/2 tsp garlic power
- 2 cups milk 2% or whole
- 3 oz. Parmesan cheese you can add more to thicken, if you need it
- In a saucepan, melt butter
- Whisk in the cream cheese
- Add garlic powder
- Stir in the milk
- Let thicken as you stir occasionally
- Before serving, mix in the Parmesan cheese
- The sauce will thicken more as it cools – If it becomes too thick, add a little milk & heat it up again to thin it out
- The best way to prepare it to grill the chicken & slice into cubes or strips
- If a grill is not available – use a large skillet over medium heat, cut into strips, and fry in a little olive oil – turning to cook both sides evenly. Chicken is done when inside is white and juices run clear
- Cook to your preference – I always go a little past Al-Dente.
- In a large zip tight bag, add red wine vinegar 2 Tbsp, Water 2 Tbsp, Oil 1 Tbsp, Seasoning 1 Tbsp, and chicken breast
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com