Rich and creamy white sauce made with cream cheese, milk, and butter. It’s simply delicious by itself and even better with grilled chicken and pasta. Come on in and I’ll share a recipe for delicious Pasta with White Sauce and Chicken…
Pasta with White Sauce and Chicken:
This is a requested dish from my kids. I have to admit, I frequently taste the sauce as it cooks – so much that I’m usually full by the time dinner is on the table.
What can you use White Sauce on?
- as a dipping sauce for bread
- Grilled chicken and pasta
- Shrimp and pasta
Pasta With White Sauce & Grilled Chicken | Kid Friendly Things To Do
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
3–4 Chicken Breast – I prefer marinated chicken – refer to notes below
16 oz. Pasta – Any noodle type works (linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti)
8 oz. of Cream Cheese
4 Tbsp butter
1 & 1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Cups of Milk
3 oz. of Parmesan cheese ( you can add more to thicken, if you need it)
- In a saucepan, melt butter
- Whisk in the cream cheese
- Add garlic powder
- Stir in the milk
- Let thicken as you stir occasionally
- Before serving, mix in the Parmesan cheese
- The sauce will thicken more as it cools – If it becomes too thick, add a little milk & heat it up again to thin it out
- The best way to prepare it to grill the chicken & slice into cubes or strips
- If a grill is not available – use a large skillet over medium heat, cut into strips, and fry in a little olive oil – turning to cook both sides evenly. Chicken is done when inside is white and juices run clear
- Cook to your preference – I always go a little past Al-Dente.
Marinating your chicken breast – I actually use a steak marinade from the seasoning aisle. It’s called Montreal Steak Seasoning – my kids love the flavor & so do we.
- In a large ziptight bag, add red wine vinegar 2 Tbsp, Water 2 Tbsp, Oil 1 Tbsp, Seasoning 1 Tbsp and chicken breast
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com