The perfect summer drink. Refreshing, healthy and so delicious – this Watermelon Juice Recipe is a favorite summertime drink!
Watermelon Juice Recipe
The bonus to this delicious drink is that it couldn’t be easier to make. It’s ready in minutes, healthy, and keeps well in the fridge.
This watermelon drink is officially one of our favorite summertime drinks. We’ll be serving it up on hot summer days to all of our friends and family.
Is Watermelon Juice Healthy For You?
Watermelon juice is high in water, amino acids, and antioxidants. It is also a good source of Vitamin C and other minerals like potassium
Will Watermelon Juice Help you Lose Weight?
Watermelon is comprised mostly of water, so if you are craving a drink and watching your figure, watermelon juice is an excellent drink to have.
How Do You Pick a Sweet Watermelon?
You’ll want to find a watermelon with large webbing (those brown scratch-like marks), an orange/brown spot on one end (not white), and a brown stem (not green)
What is Watermelon Webbing?
The brown scratch-like marks that almost resemble a scar are from bees pollinating the watermelon flower. The bigger the webbing, the sweeter the watermelon
Tips and Tricks for making Watermelon Juice
- adjust the sweetness of your drink by adding honey or leaving it out altogether – I like it without the extra sweetness, but my husband loves the honey flavor
- another flavor you can adjust is the amount of lime added to your drink – I like adding a little extra lime, but my youngest likes it with the exact amount from the recipe
- make sure you use my tips above for picking out a sweet watermelon. No worries, if it’s not sweet enough – you can add honey to sweeten it up
- you can double the recipe for more drinks
- this drink keeps well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
If you are looking for summer drinks, try some of these…
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this delicious summer drink:
Here’s the Printable RecipePrint
Watermelon Juice Recipe | Kid Friendly Things To Do
Sweet, healthy, and refreshing watermelon juice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Total Time: 21 minute
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 6 cups of watermelon – cubed
- 2 Tbsp. of lime juice – or 1 whole squeezed lime
- 3 cups of ice
- Optional – 2 Tbsp. of honey
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend until the ice is crushed and the drink is slushy
- Serving suggestion: Serve with fresh lime
This drink can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days