Just the other night, I decided that I needed to make another summer fun food to enjoy and share on the blog. So far, I’ve made Corn on the Cob Rice Krispies, Easy Ice Cream Beaches, and even Sweet Tea Popsicles. They are all a ton of fun (which I love), but it’s time for another. The kids love it when we have backyard campfires, so I thought that these Crescent Roll Pizzas would be a fun way to incorporate their love of sitting around the campfire and food! Cuz really, what’s the fun of a campfire without some yummy food to enjoy with it?! Come on in and I’ll share my recipe for these so fun and yummy Campfire Crescent Roll Pizza Pockets.
These are seriously yummy. I had 2 packages of Crescent Dough, and that was not enough to feed my hungry kids. 16 Pizzas were not enough! Make sure you stock up on Crescent Dough, so you do not disappoint your hungry crowd.
Oh! You can grill these too! A lot of campgrounds have grates over the grill. We don’t have that in our backyard, so I improvised with a cookie sheet on the grill. Making multiple at once is definitely a bonus.
Whatever you decide, I know you’re going to have fun with this simple recipe that even includes my favorite – NO COOK, pizza sauce! Simple and fun! That’s the theme of this blog!
Here’s some stuff you might need or even want for this fun food recipe:
Here’s the recipe for ya:Print
Campfire Crescent Roll Pizza Pockets and Sauce
Easy, fun and delicious Pizza Pockets for the grill or campfire
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- 1 (15 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) can of tomato paste
- 1 tsp. of dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. of sugar
- Additional Equipment for sauce: Cast iron skillet
- 2 packages of crescent rolls
- 1 8 oz. package of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray – I used butter flavored
- Optional pizza toppings – such as pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, etc.
- Additional equipment: Campfire sticks or grill with baking sheet
- Mix the sauce ingredients either in a bowl, or directly into your skillet – Warm through for dipping
- Make 16 pieces of foil squares for campfire pizza pockets
- Spray the foil with cooking sprya
- Unroll the crescent dough
- Shape each piece of dough into a square-ish shape
- place on foil square
- Sprinkle cheese over one half of the dough
- (You can add optional toppings to the cheese)
- Place the campfire stick over one half on the dough with cheese and fold the dough over the stick, pressing to seal on all sides
- Wrap the foil around the pizza pocket and hold over the campfire (not directly in the fire) for about 10 minutes.
- Check to see that the bread is cooked through
- If it hasn’t, return to the campfire for a few more minutes
- When the dough has cooked through, let the pizzas cool slightly, dip into the sauce and enjoy!
- For grilling method, omit the campfire sticks
- Place the pockets onto a baking sheet and place over indirect heat on the grill to bake
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com