This is a simple craft that is such a keepsake, and fun to do with kids. In my humble opinion, Tissue Paper Flowers are so much better as a flower center piece than the ones you buy in the store. This is also a great room parent activity for a classroom party
Parents will treasure these simple homemade flowers.
These tissue paper flowers are massive. You can easily customize the size to whatever you need it to be. If you want small flowers you can cut the tissue paper into smaller rectangles and follow the directions below.
- 4 pieces of tissue paper – At least 2 different colors
- Green chenille stems (pipe cleaner)
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Tissue Paper Flower Craft
Here’s a quick video to show you how we make our tissue paper flowers…
***Tip – for younger children (preschool to maybe first grade) do steps 1-6 for them.
- Layer 4 pieces of tissue paper – alternate colors
- For small flowers – Cut out 3 x 5-inch rectangles. Large flowers, like the ones above – cut the rectangle larger – about 6″ x 10″. Make giant flowers by using larger pieces of the tissue paper. Play around with different size rectangles of tissue paper to customize the perfect size for you.
- Accordion Fold the tissue paper
- Lay your pipe cleaner down. Place the center of the accordion rectangle about 2 inches down from the top of the pipe cleaner
- Fold the pipe cleaner over the folded tissue paper, making a tight fit around the tissue paper
- Twist the pipe cleaner several times, so that the middle of the accordion fold is pulled together and bunched up
- Now, carefully start pulling up the tissue paper sections from the center to the outside, one at a time
- You can cup the finished flower in your hands and squeeze down a bit, to mold it
*Customize these DIY Tissue Paper Flowers for Christmas gifts by using Red and Green tissue paper.